Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Orange Creamsicle Cake

I was surprised that 99% of the "orange creamsicle" cake recipes I found online use box mixes! The horror! I definitely didn't want this cake to taste standard, so I searched for one made from scratch. I assumed that I would find some yellow cake with orange rind and cream cheese frosting - something kind of predictable. But then I came across this divine recipe that is creative and is a sophisticated twist on a childhood popsicle. It is sponge cake soaked in orange juice and honey, then topped with mascarpone whipped cream. So grown up! Many thanks to Barry P. for this one!

ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE WITH MASCARPONE WHIPPED CREAM
http://rockrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/03/orange-creamsicle-cake.html

How To:


1. Bake and cool sponge cake layers.


2. Stir together orange juice concentrate and honey until honey is dissolved.


3. Poke holes all over the surface of the cakes with a fork and pour the OJ/honey syrup on top. Refrigerate for at least one hour or until most of the syrup has soaked in.


4. Make mascarpone whipped cream. (I added red and yellow food dyes to create orange.)


5. Assemble cake and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Barrry P says you're very welcome. I think I even like the new color of the frosting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that orange creamsicle cake sounds better than any I've ever eaten before. That mascarpone cream especially sounds like it would send this over the top. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete